The CrashPlan app has minimum system requirements to ensure users get a consistent experience backing up and restoring files. If your device does not meet these minimum system requirements, the CrashPlan app may be unstable, crash unexpectedly, or perform poorly. These system requirements encompass both hardware requirements and operating system requirements.
There are some configurations in which installing the CrashPlan app will be unsupported. CrashPlan for Small Business technical support is unable to advise or help troubleshoot unsupported configuration. These include:
- Installing on older operating systems (such as Windows 7 or macOS 10.14 Mojave)
- Installing the CrashPlan app on pre-release or beta operating systems
- Installing the CrashPlan app in a non-default location
- Installing the CrashPlan app on devices that do not have a GUI (such as Synology NAS devices)
- Backing up network-attached storage (NAS) on Windows operating systems