If you have deleted files from computer that you would like to retain longer than the 90 day retention setting in CrashPlan, you'll need to restore them to your device using these steps:
- Sign in to the CrashPlan app.
- Click Restore Files.
- (Applies only if you have multiple devices) From the menu, select the device that originally backed up the files you want to restore.
- If you back up to multiple destinations, select the destination to Restore files from.
- Click the options menu (button with three dots).
- Choose Include deleted files.
- (Optional) If you want to restore an earlier version of your files, click As of Today to select a previous date from a calendar.
- Select the checkboxes for the folders and files you want to restore.
- Select Restore Files
- Update the options to specify the restore location, naming guidelines, and permissions for your restored files.
- Click Go. Your download is added to the downloads manager. The downloads manager displays the status of your download.
For additional instructions with screenshots, see our article Retain and download deleted files.
For more information on deleted files, see our Deleted files FAQ.