To back up your files, you need to install the CrashPlan app on your computer. You might need to do this if you are adding a computer for the first time, are adding additional computers to CrashPlan for Small Business, or need to reinstall due to an error or other issue.
Download the CrashPlan App
- Sign in to the CrashPlan console.
- Click on Downloads.
- Click the appropriate download icon for your device's operating system.
If you are unable to sign into the web console, you can also download the latest version of the installer from the direct download links on the page Download and install CrashPlan for Small Business.
We recommend that you download the latest version of the CrashPlan app (the highest numbered one is the latest).
Note: On Windows computers we recommend you download the 64-bit installer.
Install the CrashPlan app
Once you have downloaded the installer, you need to install the CrashPlan app on your computer.
- Run the CrashPlan app installer on the device where you want to install the app.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- Follow the instructions in the CrashPlan installer. We recommend most users install For Everyone.
- After the installation is complete, the CrashPlan app will open automatically.
- Sign in to the CrashPlan app with your account email and password.
How do I add a computer to my CrashPlan for Small Business account?
The first time you install CrashPlan on a computer and sign into the app, that computer is automatically added to your account. Just click "Add a destination" on the Home screen and select CrashPlan PRO Online.
When you want to add a second computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account, just follow these steps:
- Download the CrashPlan app on that new computer and install it.
- Sign in with your CrashPlan for Small Business email and password.
- You will be prompted to Add A New Device or Replace A Device.
- Choose Add A New Device.
This will add the computer to your CrashPlan for Small Business account as a new device with its own unique backup.