CrashPlan for Small Business subscriptions are available for tax-exempt organizations to ensure your organization is not charged tax for your subscription. This guide explains how to provide information for tax-exempt organizations, including VAT and GST, for CrashPlan for Small Business.
Does CrashPlan for Small Business charge sales tax?
- USA: Sales tax will be calculated and charged based on your state or territory's applicable tax laws governing e-commerce.
- All other countries: A national VAT/GST rate will be applied to your order based on the applicable laws of the country of the payment method and billing address you are using. VAT may not be shown as a separate charge during checkout and may instead be included in the product price.
Is my business eligible for tax exemption?
Automatic tax exemption (where applicable) is processed through our payment processor, Digital River. To process this exemption, follow the steps listed below:
- USA: Tax exemption instructions for the United States
- Europe: Tax exemption instructions for Europe
- Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: Tax exemption instructions for Australia
Please Note: Our payment processor can only process automatic tax exemptions for the countries and territories listed above. Automatic tax exemption is not available for countries in Asia, Africa, or South America.
Can I receive a refund for tax already charged?
- USA: Please supply your Digital River Order ID, along with your tax-exempt certificate information to email@example.com. When the details are received, confirmed, and loaded into Digital River’s tax system, the Digital River Customer Service team will provide a refund for tax against any applicable orders.
- All other countries: Unfortunately, we are unable to refund tax for orders placed by non-US entities. Please contact your local tax authority, if applicable.
For more information, see CrashPlan for Small Business subscriptions.